WELCOME

"A world that is less than perfect will no longer be tolerated by us."

At the heart of all life there is an astounding power. As discovered by two researchers, worlds are revealed to have something akin to souls. Dubbed the Anima Mundi, a soul of a world is where all of it's life energy, past, present, and future, reside. The strengths of the Anima Mundi can be used in many astounding ways and the woman who discovered that fact and her comrades seem determined to use that power to create a perfect world. What worlds will be sacrificed for the sake of perfection and what will the residents of those worlds do when they discover the power of the Anima Mundi?

BREAKING NEWS

[3.25.15] We have some new staff members and are gearing up for an event. Also likely to happen soon is an activity check, so keep your eyes out for that and try not to miss it!
CENSUS

LIGHT00
DARK00
NEUTRAL00
PLOT00
FEMALES
MALES
LINKS

THE STAFF

SPOTLIGHTS

CHARACTER OF THE MONTH

AUDITION OF THE MONTH

RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH

THREAD OF THE MONTH
anima mundi
a panfandom role-play

Add Reply
New Poll

From Great Heights, [Open]
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Feb 6 2015, 01:23 PM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

On wounded wings she could no longer soar. It was perhaps the most aggravating experience that Satsuki Kiryuin had ever had to endure, and she couldn't even express it beyond just a stern expression she always seemed to wear. Maybe everything was starting to catch up to her. Without her army. Without her closest... subordinates. Without even the Matoi she had been grooming. No, all the young Kiryuin had was her sword, Junketsu, and a weakened foe who couldn't even hold her blade steady.

Control.

It was like a chant that had lost it's power. Where was the control? What could she control aside from herself? Standing in a wasteland on water that had somehow been frozen in time with ruins all about- What could she really control? Satsuki scowled at her own weakness and looked to the horizon. There was a great tower in the center of the Sea which had to have been in a similarly pathetic state. Even knowing there was likely nothing there at all, Satsuki began to walk.

Fear is freedom.

There were so many sheep to guide before. So much fear to manipulate, and in turn so many lives to steer towards her greatest goal. As she stepped over the water as surely as if it were pavement, Satsuki considered where she was at the very beginning of her journey. Of course she had nothing when she began- everything she had was something she had built for herself. The followers she recruited, the school she had organized, and the Matoi who was slowly becoming the perfect piece in the puzzle. That was something she would have to craft once more from the ruins.

From atop that great spire where she had Matoi had come face to face once more she felt, for a brief moment, like the great eagle she was. The one she would have to be. Perhaps it was amid this derelict dead sea that she would create her empire anew, born from the ashes. At the very least it would send a clear message: That Satsuki Kiryuin was a woman to fear and follow loyally. Even at her lowest she would be capable of fortifying herself, crawling from oblivion to soar above the rest.

That would have to do. To begin she would first need to examine the tower and, hopefully, find some of her followers so they might aid her. As she approached the looming spire she thought of Matoi and the last conversation they had. It was fuel to the fire. Satsuki entered the building and looked around. To say the least, it was odd. Shadows frozen in time haunted the halls. Other shadows seemed to move about freely, not reacting to anything as if they were playing out a scene.

Ghosts of a time that had fallen. How appropriate, Satsuki thought bitterly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Percy Jackson
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 01:13 AM
Percy Jackson
Group Icon
Remy

Percy was never going to trust mannequins for the rest of his entire life after this.

Nothing was making sense right now; not the suddenly appearing in a frozen wasteland nor his being assaulted by bloodthirsty clothing models. The only thing more disturbing than the freaky mannequins and the other monsters he'd encountered in this strange place was the occasional shimmer he would see in the walls and ground. It was as if he were seeing people act out a play of which only they were aware. Other times he thought he saw faces frozen in the walls. Was there anything in his life that could make absolute, perfect sense for once? Apparently, not.

The robotic maiden swung her arm at him, prompting a skillful dodge to the side and a horizontal slash from his sword, Riptide. Her arm flew off in the opposite direction, but she kept shuffling toward him. At least whatever these things were, they were slow like zombies. One more slash with Riptide and the mannequin fell in a heap.

Percy stood over the robot's shambled form and wiped his brow. He couldn't remember the last time he felt so tired just by fighting. Something wasn't right, not with himself or with this... wasteland... tower... place. Since the tower had been the most obvious structure in the area, it had seemed like the best place to find some answers. After all, it's more than a little hard to ignore a hulking, massive building protruding from the depths of Wherever-in-Hades-This-Place-was. He'd feel more comfortable just knowing what to call it. Of course it also didn't help that he felt his strength to be somewhat lacking... tremendously. It had not been this hard for Percy to manipulate the water around him since his first days after learning he was a demigod.

"I wonder what everyone is up to back home," he wondered aloud, the sound of his own voice calming himself somewhat. At least it was familiar. "Oh man, Annabeth is going to kill me if I'm gone for too long. I can picture it now. 'You're dead, Seaweed Brain! You promised me, no more splitting up!' Ugh, yeah, I am so screwed when I get back..."

Even though he knew he would never hear the end of it from her, the thought of Annabeth made Percy smile. It didn't matter where he was, what was going on, or anything. She was his saving grace, his rock of Gibraltar. Somehow, some way, he would find his way back to her. They were two sides of the same coin, two halves of the same soul, whatever silly analogy you might want to use. Still, as Percy stood above the second-floor escalator, he wondered if the way back home was truly in this tower or not.

There were footsteps approaching downstairs, very distinct compared to the shuffling of the mannequins and the hopping of the weird frog-gremlin things. Percy held tightly onto Riptide but kept the weapon at his side. If he was lucky, he wouldn't be in this gods-forsaken tower by himself for much longer. If he was unlucky, well... exactly how often did he actually turn out to have any luck at all?
PM
^
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Feb 10 2015, 08:57 AM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

A wave of tension crashed into Satsuki so suddenly she had her hand on the hilt of her blade before she knew it. Though every muscle was poised for action the young woman maintained a calm and collected expression, albeit a little intimidating as she had a tendency to be. What set her off was a light echoing noise- something that could have been a voice, though she couldn't make it out clearly. This tower tomb was full of unsettling sensations and noises... and yet one particular sound had put her on edge. It was unlike her, she thought. Drawing a steadying breath she relaxed herself just enough to walk further into the tower. Her eyes scanned slowly.

After venturing a little farther in she caught movement, gaze shifting upwards to the second floor. Standing at the top of an escalator was a young man who looked just as ready to fight if need be as Satsuki herself. There was a slight respect in the glint of her eyes, though she didn't particularly enjoy the current standing. Kiryuin was the one who should be standing above all others. Not once did she encounter someone with their weapon at the ready if she was not in the clouds far above them in warning. Distasteful. Beyond that, it was like salt in the wounds she concealed from the world.

Stand tall, chin up, eyes sharp. The woman kept her hand at the hilt of her blade as casually as one could do such a thing as she addressed the man. "Will you strike, or are you of the mind to speak first?" her tone was strong, as authoritative as it had always been. That was something that the girl was trained to do from a very young age and, surprisingly, one of the only things she truly valued in her upbringing. There were many pressures on her from a very young age, not all foisted upon her unwillingly, but all very trying regardless. A lesser would have crumbled under the weight- under the Kiryuin name.

Satsuki would never crumble. The odds were against her here. Weakened, bereft of all she had built up for herself. But she would not crumble. Expression turning as inquisitive as the regal young woman could manage, Satsuki decided to speak once more. "I would have your name," she commanded. To ask would have been beneath her, after all.

[ooc: sorry this is sorta brief, let me know if you want me to add anything!! I don't mind.]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Percy Jackson
 Posted: Feb 10 2015, 10:47 AM
Percy Jackson
Group Icon
Remy

Wow, what big eyebrows you have, Grandma.

Not that the girl standing below him was anywhere close to being a grandmother, but wow. Those suckers were thick. Percy had a feeling that bringing up that sort of thing would end badly. Even though she was an entire floor below him, she gave off a certain kind of energy. It was... intimidating, to say the least. The way she stared at Percy felt as if the situation was reversed and she was, in fact, the one standing upon high.

He kept Riptide to his side as he regarded the new arrival. She seemed military even though she didn't appear to be much older than Percy. Maybe she went to a boarding school, military academy or something? She certainly seemed uptight to say the least. "Considering you're the first person I've met since I ended up in this wasteland who's not trying to kill me, I'm going to go with 'speak first'," he replied with a lop-sided grin. Percy was simply happy to not be alone anymore. It also helped that, unlike most other people Percy tended to meet, she actually wanted to talk first, fight later.

Percy stepped down the escalator, avoiding one rather large hole in the circuitry by stepping to the side as he approached the girl. About halfway down the escalator he placed the cap on Riptide, making it shrink and revert back into pen form. He stuffed the weapon into his pants pocket. "Just to show I don't mean you any harm," he told her, hoping he came off as diplomatic. Truth be told, he wasn't as much of a diplomat as Annabeth or Piper. Despite how intimidating the girl's aura was, he had no intention of fighting her.

He also didn't realize just how much taller he was than her until they were only five, ten feet away from each other.

"My name's Percy. Percy Jackson. It's really nice to see a... um, friendly face around here. Everything else around here tries to kill you, even the mannequins. What's your name?"

[I thought it was just fine, Ser! I'm really loving Satsuki right now. I can work with short length if need be. XD]
PM
^
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Feb 13 2015, 03:56 AM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

A rather cheerful type, Satsuki noticed immediately. The way he carried himself was worlds away from how she carried herself- not that it was terribly surprisingly considering there were few others she knew that were her... caliber. Glancing at the young man as he replied to her left her feeling terribly unimpressed. Foolish grin plastered over his face, he seemed too relieved to see another face. Considering the circumstances, Satsuki couldn't imagine herself being light-hearted at the sight of another person no matter who it might be. Not even the elite four would remove the need for formality and precision in her actions... and they were the closest things to 'friends' that Satsuki could claim.

He began to move. Satsuki kept her gaze on his form as he made for the escalator, descending and letting his weapon leave his hand. She was cautious, but knew well enough that she need not have her hand resting on her blade any longer, so she relaxed her stance slightly. All of the tension was still just beneath the surface of course, as Satsuki wasn't the type to be caught off guard. After a moment Satsuki said in a low voice, "A wise choice." She left it at that.

As he drew closer and answered her with his name, the young Kiryuin quickly realized there was a fair height difference between the two. Even with her heels she had to look a little up, a fact she immediately disliked. Damnation. On this even footing she still did not hold the particular authority over height that she wished. That would have to be a thought for later though.

Percy. An unusual name to her, most certainly foreign. At the very least he didn't seem entirely out of place in a location of strife- if of course he was speaking the truth of the tower being full of dangerous things that would attack blindly. Outside being an indicator, there were likely a plethora of demented creatures here and there. "Friendly, of course," Satsuki began, eyes narrowed slightly in cautious observation. She wasn't a friendly face, she knew it as well as he. If there was one thing Satsuki Kiryuin was not, it was inviting. "I, Percy Jackson, am Kiryuin Satsuki." His name felt odd to speak, trying to mimic the sounds he made so smoothly.

"It would seem that I am in need of allies, of late. Is it presumptuous to assume that you too are an outsider to this world?" the young woman cut straight to the heart of matters. Dancing about a subject wasn't something that Satsuki did unless it would serve her purposes, and now it would simply waste her time. Adrift from everything, she would need to forge new bonds, cast new pawns for her board. This Percy Jackson could be a useful acquaintance as far as muscle went. "There are many displaced and too little in terms of information being spread about. I have no intention of stumbling blindly."

Now the only question was if Percy was the type to stumble blindly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Percy Jackson
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 01:50 PM
Percy Jackson
Group Icon
Remy

Well, her name was a mouthful.

What kind of name was Ker-you-in? Was that really her first name? Sats-Key sounded like a better name, but she'd spoken the name as Ker-you-in Sats-Key. It could have been Japanese, or something else entirely. Percy really wasn't that familiar with other languages aside from Ancient Greek, English and, to a lesser degree, Latin. It definitely didn't help that his ADHD and dyslexia combined made his understanding of other languages, even names, pretty darn bad.

What it did assist him with, however, was heightening his instincts and general awareness. Percy could see this girl, whatever her name was, must have been a soldier through and through. Her poise, her attitude, and even the way she addressed him was indicative of someone of stature and possibly groomed for combat. In a way she reminded Percy of his friend Reyna, a Roman praetor currently leading the demigods at Camp Jupiter. They had a lot of similarities, but even as stiff as Reyna could be at times, this girl made her seem like one of Camp Jupiter's resident hippies (aka fauns).

If nothing else, she seemed ready to combine their forces if need be. Percy was more than happy to go through this place alongside her, provided there wasn't any head-chopping. "Yeah, I only arrived here some time ago. Found myself in that frozen wasteland several miles off surrounded by broken buildings and plenty of murderous monsters. I saw this big place off in the distance and figured, 'Where there's an ominous looming structure in the distance, there's got to be some answers.'" He gave her a grin, hoping that maybe she would relax a little. She seemed like she could use some relaxation. Then again, this probably wasn't the best place to drop one's guard.

"It would appear that this used to be a city of some kind," he told her. "That's definitely frozen water out there. Also, I don't know if you've noticed but there are some really weird images that shimmer in the floor and walls. It's kinda as if this place is... well, frozen in time, as weird as that might sound." He was pretty sure about his deduction, even if he wasn't nearly as smart as Annabeth. There were some perks to being a demigod. Being surprisingly astute and perceptive in and outside of battle helped a great deal in life.

"So do I call you Ker-you-in, perhaps? My dyslexia kinda makes it difficult to pronounce... um... unfamiliar names." He was going to say weird, but he had a feeling that doing so would make his current conversational companion unhappy. Or, rather, more inclined to use that big sword on him.
PM
^
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Feb 19 2015, 02:06 AM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

How exactly was one to act if they weren't in such a precarious position as Satsuki found herself in? As she thought about the bonds she needed to form she considered what it would be like to have... friends. People close to her who she could be at ease with and trust to stand with her even without any manipulation needed. It felt such a far away concept. Satsuki Kiryuin couldn't afford to have friendships. And yet she still wondered and thought of how Matoi gained strength. Ties of friendship with Senketsu. How laughable that she even wasted her time humoring the thoughts.

Listening to Percy made Satsuki oddly doubtful, though. The way he approached her from the beginning felt peculiarly open, friendly. So easy was it for him that he slipped into smiles like it was unusual to be without one. The young woman remained regal in posture and attitude, but felt a piece of herself softening.

The confirmation that Percy had also found himself in the wasteland was interesting. Not unexpected, but still good to know for certain. Whatever the masses were being pulled to these worlds for, Satsuki knew she would have to find out if she was going to return things to rights. It wouldn't do to overcome the threat of life fibers only to be overtaken by a power from some foreign world. Percy's smile was an odd little anchor keeping the young woman from falling too deeply into those thoughts. His information on the tower was appreciated, though he'd hardly know it since Satsuki's facial expression didn't change in the slightest. "Frozen in time," she murmured.

Of course it sounded odd. There wasn't a better explanation for what she had seen though. The water outside of the tower was frozen... just it wasn't ice. It was water that had literally solidified without turning frigid and cloudy. Crossing her arms to think, Satsuki almost didn't hear when Percy asked what exactly to call her, butchering her last name in the process. To foreigners her last name must have been quite difficult to say- she could hardly form the sounds of Percy's name so she didn't hold it against him. Instead, Satsuki said, "You may call me Satsuki." She took care to say her name slowly, hoping he'd have an easier time with it.

"Frozen in time seems to be the best explanation for this place, no matter how fantastical it seems," the young woman began, taking a look around. What was she to do with such a location? What information was there to glean from a place frozen? "I had hoped there would be answers here, but I assume you have yet to find any in your exploration..."

There was a slight sigh of frustration as Satsuki's sharp gaze looked over her surroundings one more time. Being without a plan was beyond frustrating. "It seems all I can do is continue to search. There must be something that can tell me why all of this is here." What kind of a game was this that the "gods" were playing with everyone? To what end were worlds torn to pieces and displaced? The number of questions she had was disgusting in comparison to how many answers. "There's something going on above us all. I dislike not knowing exactly what that is, so naturally my goals revolve around uncovering it all, moving above and beyond it. What are your goals, Percy?"

Her curiosity was genuine. The more Satsuki thought about how others would deal with this confusion the more she wanted to know. A militaristic young woman, she had at least the outlines of a plan. But... Percy? Her eyes were a little softer than usual as she waited for an answer.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Percy Jackson
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 11:28 AM
Percy Jackson
Group Icon
Remy

She seemed to be less tense than before, whatever the reason might be. Percy appreciated that more than she knew. Satsuki didn't seem that bad at all. Despite her obviously strict upbringing, she was still in the same incredibly weird situation that Percy was in. They needed to stick together and watch each other's back. There was no telling what kind of funky stuff they might run into while traversing such an odd place, such as something lurking in the darkness that was considerably worse than bloodthirsty clothing display models.

"Sats-Key... Satsuki. Alright, I think I've got it," he said with a chuckle. "I'll admit, it's not the best explanation. Nothing here really makes any sense. I don't know why I was brought here. My friends are all back at Camp Half-Blood and as far as I know, I'm the only one who got screwed..." Thinking about Annabeth and the others made Percy's heart ache. Even if it hadn't actually been that long since he'd last seen them, knowing that at minimum he was worlds apart from them all was a terribly discouraging thought. He had hoped he would be able to spend more time with Annabeth since they'd brought the Greek and Roman camps together in peace.

Percy attempted to push his friends to the back of his mind for the time being. He crossed his arms and looked at Satsuki, wondering if she might have any bright ideas. "You wouldn't happen to know why we got brought here, would you? It's one thing to be picked up and dropped in a completely unfamiliar place. I've been there and done that too many times to count. But this place..." He turned his head to gaze at the decaying mall around them. This was just too darn freaky. "From what I've seen, this place doesn't even serve a purpose. It's completely in shambles. Besides, the market for crumbling ruins protruding from a frozen lake doesn't exactly seem like a real eye-catcher for potential buyers."

Then she'd asked him about his goals and Percy had to wonder about that as well. He looked down at himself: at his orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt, faded blue jeans and sneakers. On his wrist was imprinted the signature of the Roman demigods, SPQR, as well as a trident and a single stroke. The tattoo symbolized his being a praetor of Rome, being a son of Poseidon (well, they'd thought his dad was Neptune, which was close but not exactly), and having only served a year in the Roman legion. Percy knew what he needed to do. The only question was, how?

"I have to get back to my friends at some point. I'll do everything in my power to survive until I can return home. Until that happens, if there's anyone I come across who needs my help, I'll do whatever I can for them."

Percy extended his hand out to Satsuki and grinned, his eyes alight with a fire not unlike the ones Hephaestus uses to make his crazy inventions. He was completely, one hundred and ten percent resolved to getting Satsuki and himself out of this weird situation, and maybe find some answers in the meantime. Somehow. "That includes you too, if you want it. I mean, not that I actually think you need my help. You seem like you could kick some Laistrygonian butt and not break a sweat."
PM
^
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Feb 23 2015, 08:35 PM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

Though Percy managed to get her name down, there started to be a great many things that he said which Satsuki did not understand. Camp Half-Blood? Satsuki considered what that meant as she examined Percy for what seemed like the tenth time. The name seemed to imply he was half something that wasn't normal, but she couldn't exactly tell what from a glance. His weapon was an oddity, but he did not appear anything but human. Half... life fiber? It was impossible, she immediately told herself. A small amount of life fiber could be overwhelming to a human, being composed of it in any quantity would have torn someone apart. Wouldn't it?

The thought felt too heavy to dwell on. Luckily for Satsuki she didn't need to dwell on those thoughts, for there were plenty more that needed more immediate attention. Percy did not seem to know nearly as much as she about the so called "gods" that had started this mess. While it wasn't what brought them to their current location precisely, the gods were responsible for the disruption. Before the young woman responded to his questions Satsuki had to wonder- what exactly was the purpose of this location? These ruins full of monstrous creatures and seemingly nothing of value. What was their purpose? It bothered Satsuki that she didn't have much of an answer except speculation. "When first I was pulled from my home," Satsuki began, the word home seeming so foreign on her tongue, "I found myself in a city. A bustling city that seemed to be living a double life. It once had a different name and the masses that inhabited it surely did not feel the need to look over their shoulder constantly."

Satsuki lowered her gaze for a moment, began to walk slowly through the ruins. "Fear had consumed the city. Fear which can be wielded by any powerful enough to tame it. Holding the reigns of that fear were the gods. They had come and taken the city as their own, renamed it, subjugated it's people. In that city I met another like myself, one who had been taken far from his home due to the power of these false gods. It would seem that they hold the power to access and manipulate the very soul of a world. This soul... it seems they have intended to tear them apart for their own purposes. To create a perfect world. Maybe... Maybe this was just a test. A form of experimentation with the souls of the world that did not turn out as intended," the young woman gestured to her surroundings. Something didn't seem to fit, though. Had the gods destroyed this place with their meddling or was it something else that had frozen time and cast such horrible disarray to this place?

Finished with her little story, Satsuki turned her intense eyes back to Percy. He seemed strong. Younger than she, but something told her that he had experience with things beyond her imagining. If there was any way to begin an alliance properly, this seemed good enough."I too have somewhere I must return to," Satsuki murmured, looking down at Percy's outstretched hand. A little awkwardly she stepped forward to shake his hand, catching the fire in his eyes that made him so oddly... assuring. "I will accept what help is offered to me. I fear the only way to right this all is... through assistance."

This encounter, Satsuki thought, would leave her with something she had not expected to get. Certainly she knew she would gain the power of an ally or something of the like, but she seemed to have formed a bond. While a very large part of the young woman wished to remain as distant and harsh as she always had been, Percy Jackson was an astounding individual in ways she could not comprehend. "Even if I do not know what a Lais... try... gonian is," she added, brow furrowed at how difficult it was for her to repeat what Percy had said.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Percy Jackson
 Posted: Mar 3 2015, 03:53 PM
Percy Jackson
Group Icon
Remy

Percy listened to Satsuki tell her story, never faltering his gaze upon her. As she spoke, it seemed as if she were in her own little world, telling herself the story as if she needed to reassure herself that it was in fact true. She seemed so strong and focused, yet at the same time Percy got the feeling she kept her own emotions rather suppressed. Still the tale Satsuki spun left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Laistrygonians are giant cannibals," he explained to her, feeling that Satsuki deserved an explanation after having to endure such an arduous pronunciation of the word 'Laistrygonian'. "You would probably identify them most as ogres, or Canadians. I suppose in the end there really isn't much difference between the two." Normally Percy would have taken greater care talking to regular humans about things and creatures normally hidden by the Mist. Somehow, however, he didn't feel the presence of the Mist anywhere in this world. It probably wouldn't matter whether Satsuki knew of the existence of gods, monsters, and the likes of which one could hardly pronounce their names.

For what it was worth, though, he was really happy to have made an ally in Satsuki.

"So... somebody's taking different worlds and putting them together like a little kid with Play-Doh. That doesn't sound unpleasant at all." Percy's gift for sarcasm never wavered even in the most dire of circumstances. "Are the people doing this really false gods though? It doesn't seem possible that anyone else would be able to pull off something like that."

Percy turned his gaze upward past the stairs. He wasn't sure what might lay further ahead, but he supposed that he and Satsuki might not have a choice in the matter. In order to get out of this ruin, they would have to continue onward. "Either way, we should keep moving forward. With any luck, we might find some answers. With my luck, though, we'll probably end up with more questions than we started off with."
PM
^
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Mar 12 2015, 05:31 PM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

There was such a casual air about Jackson as he explained just what Laistrygonians were. Satsuki found this peculiar when paired with the definition he supplied which led her to wonder just how often he ran across those beasts. Far too often for comfort, she imagined. Whatever the case, Satsuki continued to have the same stern unimpressed expression on her face to let it be known she feared no creature, no matter how unexpected it might be.

Could anything be truly unexpected after everything that she had seen? The question rolled about in Satsuki's mind like a medicine ball. Heavily pulling her this way and that, she knew there could be no surprises when worlds were being torn to shreds and monstrous creatures were becoming the norm. Gaze wandered. Satsuki kept hoping to unravel this mess and attain some power over her situation, but nothing she could see pointed her in the right direction.

"I will grant you that the powers seem quite outlandish for anything or anyone who is not a god," Satsuki began, eyes narrowing with a cold anger, "it's the application that leaves one to call them false. Their lofty goals of perfection in their world is sloppy, their stitch-work quite pathetic... At least, that is how I see things." All around her, Satsuki could see the handprints of pathetic children trying to look grown. No. She refused to accept this as the work of true godhood. Anyone who knew how could swipe up whatever power they could find and claim to be something extraordinary, but this was not how worlds were meant to be and no true god would disrupt balance so violently.

Percy was right about one thing though- they had to keep moving. Somewhere, Satsuki felt, they had to find something that could give them a hint at what to do next. "Come, let us see if we can find anything out of place in this mess," the young woman commanded. Not entirely on purpose, she realized. The habit of ordering others around was rather deeply set, and as she began walking and looking about intently she felt a small sliver of guilt for the fact. Percy seemed the type who needn't be ordered, the type who would rather willingly assist if asked. Satsuki tried to push the thoughts from her mind, knowing it was foolish to feel bad for her very nature.

There were things more important she needed to devote her attention to. With one hand resting comfortably on the hilt of her blade, Satsuki walked. Though the young woman wasn't sure what she was looking for exactly, she had a feeling she would know if she saw it. All of the information she had gathered in the city gave her a faint idea of how the false gods were doing what they were doing, but she couldn't confirm it until she saw it with her own eyes. It seemed so outlandish. "There must be some sort of defect in the tapestry. If these gods are tearing worlds to pieces to weave them together they couldn't possibly fit it all together perfectly... could they?" she asked, not exactly to Percy. There had to be something amiss, Satsuki knew it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Percy Jackson
 Posted: Mar 22 2015, 07:57 AM
Percy Jackson
Group Icon
Remy

Percy wondered what Satsuki would think if she actually met one of the gods: one of the real gods. They were a pretty dysfunctional family if nothing else, but he couldn't help but imagine her reaction. It might very well be the same as when he told her about the Laistrygonians: a cold, emotionless expression that basically said "You can't possibly tell me anything that's going to impress me or strike fear within me." That was something Percy realized he was beginning to admire about Satsuki, even if she really was simply difficult to shake up.

"Real gods aren't going to mess with the world so blatantly," he mused as they walked. Percy had his hands behind his head, casually stretching and maintaining a weird balance between being relaxed and alert. He wanted to find out what in the world was going on. Nothing really seemed to make any sense, like why people would try so hard to create a new world. Were they really so unhappy with where they personally lived that they felt so obligated to build an entirely new place for them to live? It was a sad thought, if that was indeed the case. "They usually can't, at any rate. Kinda goes against the whole 'god code'. That's why they never used force to make mortals worship them, you know? Faith has to be willingly given, or else it's no good. These guys, whoever they are, don't seem to have the power to actually create anything out of nothing, if I understand what you're telling me. Otherwise I can't see why you wouldn't just make a nice valley with rivers, grass, and stuff like that instead of just plucking a place out of somewhere else and sticking it where you want it."

Percy grabbed his head and rubbed his temples. "Gah! It's so confusing. Those dudes are flipping weird, and this place is even weirder than them!" He just wasn't used to actually trying to use his brain so much. If only Annabeth could be with him. She would understand what was going on, at least better than he did. Though maybe she would be somewhat impressed at his attempt to understand all the crazy stuff that he'd been exposed to? The thought made him smile despite his confusion. He longed for the day he could hear her call him 'Seaweed Brain' once again.

"If this place really is just like a bunch of different cloths stitched together, then there has to be a thread keeping them all connected, right?" he inquired to Satsuki, unsure if what he was saying actually made any sense or not. "I can't say for sure, but considering how this building seems so much more out of place than even that big frozen ocean out there, maybe the further we go the more likely we'll find the center of this place? It's a long shot, but there might be some answers. Or, you know, something big and bad ready to stomp our faces into the ground. That wouldn't surprise me at all."
PM
^
Satsuki Kiryuin
 Posted: Mar 30 2015, 10:15 PM
Satsuki Kiryuin
Group Icon
Ser

Real gods aren't going to mess with the world so blatantly. The words stuck with Satsuki as the two walked together. Something in the way that Percy said that made her feel as if he knew, without shadow of a doubt, that there were in fact such a thing as 'real gods.' To ponder that excessively would have left Satsuki more than bewildered. For all of the times that she had been speaking of these false gods she had not even once considered the possibility of there being actual gods of any kind. It all seemed like the kind of thing she should have thought about long before, yet here was Percy and his odd presence that made Satsuki question things she had not questioned before. After a moment she forced herself to focus on what she was looking for.

While her eyes scanned the area carefully she listened to Percy. It did seem true that the 'deities' couldn't create something from nothing, otherwise what was the point of all of this pathetic patchwork? Gods who could not create, Gods who had some kind of code to live by. Satsuki wished she could understand what Percy understood considering gods, yet she could not bring herself to ask, lest she humor the concept that gods could have been considered real as opposed to just menaces who scrapped together too much power. Satsuki considered the situation and muttered, "The inability to create something from nothing must be a thorn in their sides. If nothing else I am certain they are working towards that being an ultimate goal- That is at least what I would do in their position."

"I would say that the reason it is all confusing is because it's rather unsophisticated," she added. To consider a fully formed plan such as her mother's everything had to be meticulously organized, which it seemed this entire mess was not. It was easier to bring down something meticulously planned because, should you have enough information on it, you can do planning of your own. Satsuki loathed the lack of information she had on her surroundings and on this entire matter. At least when she and Percy spoke of the nature of this tapestry they both had the same relative ideas on how to approach it. "If anywhere we would find some kind of string to tug it must be somewhere in this building, at the heart of it. Whatever creatures are lurking will fall to my blade, I have no intention of backing down until I have what I want."

The steel in her eyes did not betray that Satsuki felt even a shred of doubt at her abilities. While she still worried about the way that Junketsu didn't feel at full strength, she wouldn't doubt her own powers. Dulled or worn by some kind of tampering, Satsuki was still a fierce warrior who would make her foes fall at her feet. That line of thought made Satsuki curious if anyone else felt any weaker since being pulled into the domain of false gods. "I am curious... Have you felt sluggish at all as of late? Perhaps like you cannot fight at your full potential?" The young woman slowed her pace and came to a slightly hesitant stop to glance at Percy. She did not question earlier that he was a capable warrior, but there had to be something amiss with someone else as well or...

The young Kiryuin was not going to doubt herself. She could not allow her fears make her consider herself failing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

CBOX
boop no box
PREMADE SKIN BY TOKYONAS OF SYNESTHESIA
THEFT OR REPOSTING OF ANY PART OF THIS SKIN'S CODING IS NOT APPRECIATED OR PERMITTED.
MINI-PROFILE IS CREDITED TO SHAWNA at SHINE