WELCOME

"A world that is less than perfect will no longer be tolerated by us."

At the heart of all life there is an astounding power. As discovered by two researchers, worlds are revealed to have something akin to souls. Dubbed the Anima Mundi, a soul of a world is where all of it's life energy, past, present, and future, reside. The strengths of the Anima Mundi can be used in many astounding ways and the woman who discovered that fact and her comrades seem determined to use that power to create a perfect world. What worlds will be sacrificed for the sake of perfection and what will the residents of those worlds do when they discover the power of the Anima Mundi?

BREAKING NEWS

[3.25.15] We have some new staff members and are gearing up for an event. Also likely to happen soon is an activity check, so keep your eyes out for that and try not to miss it!
CENSUS

LIGHT00
DARK00
NEUTRAL00
PLOT00
FEMALES
MALES
LINKS

THE STAFF

SPOTLIGHTS

CHARACTER OF THE MONTH

AUDITION OF THE MONTH

RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH

THREAD OF THE MONTH
anima mundi
a panfandom role-play

Add Reply
New Poll

Off Course, [OPEN]
Omoikane
 Posted: Feb 19 2015, 10:20 PM
Omoikane
Group Icon
N/A
N/A

Traveling through the Exalted Door's always made Omoikane feel really nauseous. Both from the excitement of actually leaving the Guild, and because it seemed like the doors pulled her insides in a million different directions. But she had a mission. With a little hop and a quick wave to the Venerated who were around the doors, Omoi activated her token and closing her eyes, stepped through. Her first thought when she opened her eyes was "Wait what--." Then "Oh no.", followed by the brunette turning around in circles rapidly, taking in all the trees.

She crouched down and looked at the dull token in her hand. She didn't know where she was. She messed up somehow. Her token was absolutely lifeless, meaning this wasn't one of the Drop spots, meaning she'd gone far off course and the only way that was possible was if-- She covered her face in horror. "Oh no, oh no, oh no. I broke my token-- Oh sweet Hebe-- I broke the Exalted Doors."

Was the young woman panicking? Only a little. And by a little, it was a lot. She'd been trying to go to Bay, running some small errand for the Guild while they were preoccupied and even though she'd only been to the crumbling city once, she knew this wasn't it.

Everything around her was green and vibrant. Nope, definitely not Bay.

A loud 'Kweh' had the librarian looking up and right into a pair of bright eyes. She made a sound she wasn't proud of and her butt hit the soft grass with a thump. "Holy mother of Janus what the heck are you?" The large bird-like thing just stared at her, ruffling its wings. It made that weird sound again and stepped closer, pumping it's head into her arm. "H-Hi?" Nervously she pat the bird on his head. "Good... birdie?"

Well at least it didn't look like the bird ate people. That was always a plus? She took a deep breath, waiting for her heart rate to settle back down. Slowly she relaxed and continued to pat the bird. "Yeah, you're a good bird, aren't you?" she mumbled as she stroked the underside of the bird's beak. The bird kweh'd again and she smiled. "I'm going to call you.... Mr. Kwehcules, okay?"

Her panic had subsided. Well, sorta. She was still lost, stuck in some very vibrant forest with a seemingly harmless bird (she was still a little suspicious. those talons on it's feet looked super duper sharp) with no way to get home or to let the Guild know she wasn't dead.

Slowly, Omoikane stood up dusting off her backside. She looked around again and then let out a long sigh. "Oh boy, Seshat is really going to kill me if I actually broke the doors. I'll have to run away-- D'you mind if I live here with you Mr. Kwehcules?"

The young woman looked at the bird again and sighed. "Unfortunately I can't actually do that--- That'd be deserting the Guild, and if there's one thing I don't stand for Mr. Kwehcules, it's betraying my nakama. So! Help me find my way out of here, okay?"

If the people at the Guild could see her, sitting here talking to a large yellow bird like it understood her, they'd probably send her down to Epione to be evaluated. But hey, the big bird was the only living thing Omoikane could see so she'd take what she could get.
PM
^
Maya
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 12:25 AM
Maya
Group Icon
Remy

This... this wasn't right. Not by a long shot.

Maya did not like this one little bit. This wasn't Dasangrad. This wasn't even anywhere remotely close to any possible location on Ender, at least as far as she knew. She had heard rumors of a great forest far to the east, alive with creatures that had long been exposed to an influx of mana. What that basically meant was, well... it was impossible. Okay, maybe not exactly impossible, but highly improbable. That did not please Maya one little bit.

The forest was incredibly lush and brimming with life. It was quite different from the red-brown plains back home, the same grasslands she had grown up around. The trees were tall as the walls of Dasangrad City, the plant life flourished and the air was so... clean. Maya had never seen or been in such a place. It made her feel calm despite how confused and conflicted she felt inside. She had to find out why--how?--she had been brought here. Perhaps whatever gods existed were testing her. Maybe this was all simply a figment of her imagination.

A stern frown crossed her face. If that was the case, she'd have to give her brother a good slap in the face for filling her head with such lame thoughts. A soldier did not have a need for imagination. All it did was tear them away from the harsh reality of life. Leave the ridiculous thinking up to the artisans who actually got paid for it.

A soft Kweh! sounded behind her, and Maya instinctively reacted to the unfamiliar noise. Her left hand immediately went to the hilt of her scimitar, while her free hand was raised and ready to perform an air rune at a moment's notice. Out of the trees came a creature the likes of which she had never seen before. Even worse... it was actually kind of cute. The giant bird's coat of bright yellow feathers seemed to almost sparkle as it approached her. It tilted its head at her in a quizzical way. Apparently it was just as surprised to see Maya as she was to see it.

"...Are you an intelligent creature, or one I should be wary of?" she asked the bird, even if it sounded weird to do so. The beasts trained by the Dasangrad military were highly intelligent and recognized patterns of human speech which allowed them to be directed with ease. Maya had never properly trained with any of the cavalry wolves but she imagined that this bird could easily be used in a combat situation if needed.

The bird stopped short of five feet from her, its large brown eyes staring down at her own yellow ones. The feeling of intelligence she had first hinted at was confirmed almost at once. Her left hand slowly drifted away from her sword and the other reached up to touch the bird's neck. It barely even flinched as her fingers brushed across its feathered appendage. Apparently feeling extremely comfortable with her, it nestled her hand with its beak and cooed another soft kweh. Maya found herself smiling at the motion; why did she feel so comfortable being around such a strange creature?

"Okay... I suppose you're not too dangerous," she told the large avian. "Until I can figure out where I am, how about you keep me company?"

The bird actually seemed to smile at the suggestion and let loose a much louder Kweh! than before.

Maya chuckled lightly to herself and turned to face what she believed was south. Of course, being in such a weird place, she had absolutely no idea where she was going to end up regardless of which direction she started in. "Then let's go find some answers."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

CBOX
boop no box
PREMADE SKIN BY TOKYONAS OF SYNESTHESIA
THEFT OR REPOSTING OF ANY PART OF THIS SKIN'S CODING IS NOT APPRECIATED OR PERMITTED.
MINI-PROFILE IS CREDITED TO SHAWNA at SHINE