WELCOME

"A world that is less than perfect will no longer be tolerated by us."

At the heart of all life there is an astounding power. As discovered by two researchers, worlds are revealed to have something akin to souls. Dubbed the Anima Mundi, a soul of a world is where all of it's life energy, past, present, and future, reside. The strengths of the Anima Mundi can be used in many astounding ways and the woman who discovered that fact and her comrades seem determined to use that power to create a perfect world. What worlds will be sacrificed for the sake of perfection and what will the residents of those worlds do when they discover the power of the Anima Mundi?

BREAKING NEWS

[3.25.15] We have some new staff members and are gearing up for an event. Also likely to happen soon is an activity check, so keep your eyes out for that and try not to miss it!
CENSUS

LIGHT00
DARK00
NEUTRAL00
PLOT00
FEMALES
MALES
LINKS

THE STAFF

SPOTLIGHTS

CHARACTER OF THE MONTH

AUDITION OF THE MONTH

RELATIONSHIP OF THE MONTH

THREAD OF THE MONTH
anima mundi
a panfandom role-play

Add Reply
New Poll

Plot
Sige
 Posted: Oct 5 2013, 03:30 AM
Sige
Group Icon
Unknown
Ser

Research Journal
----Day 248

We met today. It is the first significant encounter of my research concerning the source of all life. I am certain that our endeavors together will yield a great discovery for our field, and likely soon. For the first time my inquisitive mind is being challenged by the mind of a colleague.

I refused to learn his name, instead choosing to call him Bythos.

He accepted the name.

----Day 279

The source of all life would never have been discovered if it wasn't for us. A mountain of papers waiting to be written describing our accomplishments in detail. Anima Mundi, we named it. The World Soul. Truly Anima Mundi is the core of all life, the soul of our world. Our next experiments will revolve around tapping into the strength of our World's Anima Mundi.

Our superiors seem to grow nervous.

----Day 290

A small encampment has been set up so that Bythos and I are the only ones allowed to approach the Anima Mundi. Certain members of our research team have been whispering behind our backs. Before we know it one will report to our superiors of our actions and ask the research be put to a halt. Before that happens Bythos and I wish to learn how to use the Anima Mundi, perhaps in the hopes of creating a better world for all.

----Day 312

Bythos was reckless. In his excitement he began to tap into the Anima Mundi of our world and managed to absorb some of its energy. We are unsure how this will change things, but it is an interesting thing to learn nonetheless. In three days our superiors will shut down our operations, our research labs, and take us to be judged by the court. It is enough time, I think, for us to make a few more discoveries. Somehow we must continue our research for the good of everyone.

If the "God" that created this world chose to leave it in such a suffering state we will have to become as Gods ourselves.

----Day 317

For days we listened to the drivel of our 'superiors' as they spat on our discoveries. The source of all life is too pure to be tampered with. Too sacred, as is the entire world. Bythos and I knew better. After listening to as much as we possibly could I gave Bythos the permission to use his newly gained strengths and we brought the fools to their knees. If they will not give us their damned permission to study the Anima Mundi, we will take it.

----Day 320

Our dive into the Anima Mundi gave us astounding results. We now know we can extract parts of the Soul: With this power we can create a perfect world where no one suffers. Connecting to the Anima Mundi of our world has shown us an endless map - the souls of many worlds before us, ripe for the taking. Soon we will begin to reach out to these other worlds, and perhaps even use them in our quest to make the perfect world. Many of our old research team members were too cowardly to follow us. The one we have managed to keep with us I've dubbed Thelesis, however eccentric they are. Every so often their surly attitude and puns amuse me so.

----Day 321

The commander of the navy came to us today, at first to act against us. Feeling in the mood to humor, Bythos and I spoke with this commander and explained what we truly wished for the world. Perfection. There will be no suffering in the world where we have ascended to the throne of godhood. The commander came around to our way of thinking, attaining a new name from myself. Ennoea will certainly be useful to us in the future.

----Day 349

New faces already inhabit our first attempt: Alpha. Some seem to have come from worlds we have yet to even touch. It would appear that when we dove into the Anima Mundi we opened a direct line to our creations. The Anima Mundi of other worlds resonated and cried out to our Frankenstein world Alpha. I am amused to see this project taking on a life of it's own and fully intend to explore the face of Alpha myself shortly. Even Hyperuranion is opening it's arms for our visitors. At any time we might find more to support our cause.
PMEmail
^
Sige
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 02:12 AM
Sige
Group Icon
Unknown
Ser

----Day 529

It has been well over twenty days since I last saw Bythos and Thelesis. For the first time in our exploration and manipulation of the Anima Mundi I am in awe at the strength that these world souls really possess. While I do doubt intensely that my partners have died in the face of that astounding power I am concerned they are lost somewhere within it. Considering the true size of the Anima Mundi, the endless corridors that link every world in existence together, it could be a lifetime or more before they could return. Long ago when Bythos and I first discovered the Anima Mundi we discussed the course either of us would take in such an event as this.

The perfect world is of more import than any life, no matter whose.

----Day 570

Ennoea has proven herself as quite the capable second hand since the disappearance of Bythos and Thelesis. While she once only commanded a navy she now commands a world as easily as if it were her true calling. After a trip to the Anima Mundi the commander became more powerful than she ever could have imagined. No one can stand against the will of the new world power. Meanwhile the second world attempt, Beta, is coming along. There is still much to test when stitching together these grand canvases, but I have faith that in time everything will fall into place.

----Day 601

After weeks of monitoring a particular individual Ennoea and I have decided to allow another into our ranks. He is a perfect candidate for Godhood, and after the loss of two powerful allies we have great need of more help. I have given him the name Charis and soon he will test the new powers of his Godhood.

----Day 615

During my exploration of a particular Anima Mundi I stumbled across something of interest. A pair of young individuals who, as was told to me, had been wandering the Anima Mundi for as long as they could remember. I have taken in the wanderers and given them the names Vita and Aletheia. For the time it seems they will serve under me, though I cannot claim to understand them entirely nor where their loyalties truly sit.
PMEmail
^
Sige
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 12:17 PM
Sige
Group Icon
Unknown
Ser

Sige, Ennoea, and Charis - these are the names of your new gods. These will be the ones who tear your world to pieces and uses its parts to create an idyllic haven for all. With the discovery of the Anima Mundi, soul of the world and all life contained within it, it has become possible to take apart worlds or even absorb pieces of them. Those who tamper too much with an Anima Mundi however may be overwhelmed with its power and perhaps even lost to the world of the living. If you were able to tamper with the source of all life, how might you use it? Would you share the wish of these gods to create a perfect world or would you use the strength to destroy?

As Sige, Ennoea, and Charis attempt to make their perfect world they will search through the Anima Mundi of all living worlds. Within some worlds they will find desirable locations, possibly tearing them out for one of their many attempts. On the board you will see this when new locations are spontaneously added- some will even be added through polls. Some residents of a world will be taken with a piece of that world's Anima Mundi, others may stumble into another world through the disturbances of the Anima Mundi which are all inherently connected. Along with this, each Anima Mundi holds the past, present, and future of a world and all of its inhabitants. Some locations will be ripped from what appears to be the 'past' though it is simply one of many incarnations of the same location. Characters also may be taken from different time periods in their own worlds, thus causing more disturbances in the fabric of space and time - all for the good of mankind as far as your new gods are concerned.

Anima Mundi is a panfandom site where you may apply for anyone your heart desires. However, this does not mean that every character will fit within the story line well. If you can wow us with your audition and prove your character can fit in, you'll get accepted no problem. If you just don't quite convince us your character can then we'll explain why we feel the way we do.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

CBOX
boop no box
PREMADE SKIN BY TOKYONAS OF SYNESTHESIA
THEFT OR REPOSTING OF ANY PART OF THIS SKIN'S CODING IS NOT APPRECIATED OR PERMITTED.
MINI-PROFILE IS CREDITED TO SHAWNA at SHINE